Welcome Back

Here is the book for February, its called Big Panda and Tiny Dragon

This is Amazons picture of the book Big Panda and Tiny Dragon by James Norbury

Author: James Norbury

ISBN: 978-0-241-52932-4

About this book

As the title suggests, it is about a year in the life of a big panda and a Tiny Dragon, who journey together. The book followes the seasons as well as their journey. They share wisdom and experiences with each other along the way. The author found a book on Buddhism, when he was in a difficult place and later joined the Samaritans, taking calls from people reaching out with anxiety depression and loneliness. Later he was inspired to create the images to help illustrate the ideas that have helped him through difficult times in the hope they would help others too.

My experience of this book

The book is full of brush paintings and wonderful wise words, though it can be read quickly. Take your time, savor those words and those images. Take what you need and be present in the moment.

I love the hardbacked version as I like hardbacked books, feel they are easier to prop open, as my dexterity isn't great.

The illustrations show up well on the white smooth paper, though the paper is quite light in gsm. The font style looks like Times New Roman so it has serifs and the print is quite small.

Snap the ruler of comparison

I have and adore a book called The Boy the mole the fox and the horse. Before I got this book, I was worried I would compare it too much to that book, which I didn't want to do. There are similarities, but it stands up well on its own as a different book. There are a nice mix of black and while illustrations and others with more colour.

Here is a link to Amazon UK for details about the book. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panda-Tiny-Dragon-James-Norbury

Personally I found this book comforting and uplifting. See what you think. Do leave me a comment if you enjoy this book. I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Best wishes and see you soon

Billie


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more