Back in May 2019 I ran my Ribbon Roses workshop (details in the Workshops tab at the top of the header) for what was then the Selby Embroiderers' Guild. In the afternoon those who had moved on through the morning's activities stitched a Ribbon Rose Brooch from some little kits I'd made up.

I came across the remaining kits last year when I was creating my Upcycled Kilt Pin Brooch kits but as they were designed to be a follow on activity for someone who had already stitched the closed fly stitch leaves and the woven spiders' web roses, the instructions were quite sparse and not suitable for a similar makeover.

However, I felt that they would still make a good subject for a kit when I got round to being able to sit down and create suitable photographs and instructions. And that was this week! I chose the kit in the above picture to photograph while I made it up and enjoyed an easy morning's stitching to get to this:

It was a lot of fun to stitch and although having to continually stop and take photographs of every stage kept breaking my flow, it's an easy project which stitches up quickly and can be completed in an hour or two, depending on your level of confidence and familiarity with the various stitches used. It was also useful to confirm that there was enough of everything in the kit, apart from the ribbon as I had to find another piece to work the French knot buds.

Unfortunately the process of writing up the instructions, creating the designs and images is taking an awful lot longer than the brooch did to stitch in the first place!

The Harvest Wreath is finished and I'm really happy with the balance of the leaves.

And last but not least, this week's update on January's Move It On Project. Thanks to a committee meeting and an actual face to face social read of our next pantomime script this week, I've now completed the kantha spirals on five out of the six tiles. I'm happy that I continued with the spiral backgrounds as I really like the way the pattern of the stitches works at the point four tiles meet and I couldn't see that when I'd only stitched three.

It's not the most exciting of things to stitch at this stage but being well over half way is a big boost. I'm unlikely to get it finished in the 36 hours left of this month, but that's not a problem and not the aim of the Project. I've moved it on, solved the thread issue, decided on the pattern for the background and will definitely finish it at some point, probably turning it into a book cover. So all in all, month one of my 2020 Move It On Project has been a great success!