Fig. 1: Rauschkolb 2021. Exhibition view of »Souvenir of Germany« at Wagenhalle Griesheim.

Shortly after the end of my studies at Falmouth, I got the chance to present »Souvenir of Germany« at two locations to a broader audience. At first from 30. September until 02. October near the place »where the story happened«, not at the former parade ground, but at Griesheims' »Wagenhalle«, a former tramway depot and now an event location.

I got invited by the local municipality to show my work as a part of the presentation of the architect's contests results. The thoughts and ideas of six studios about the future of the former military site were presented as architectural models and plans (if you are interested in this, take a look at https://www.seg-griesheim.de/entwuerfe/).

The place is a beautiful brick building, and the architectural designs were presented in a large circle in the middle. I showed my work on seven boards beside them. For the book and the pop-ups, the city museum lent me a display case. In sum, I had roundabout eight metres presentation space! The icing on the cake was the marvellous light design from Jens (http://jb-audio.de).

The exhibition was a success in my eyes. I got a lot of positive feedback from visitors and could have good conversations about the project and the site's history. Not to forget, I also got new information. A big »Thank you« goes to Griesheims' municipality and the »Stadtentwicklungsgesellschaft Griesheim« for inviting me!

Fig. 6: Stubbs Hughes 2021. Exhibition view of »Souvenir of Germany« at Four Corners Gallery, London.

Unfortunately, I could not visit the second exhibition. Thanks to my British peers, we showed or work at the »Four Corners« gallery in London from 6. to 9. October. Titled »Realities Constructed«, 14 students-now-masters from Falmouth's German Bight cohort showed the results of the Final Major Projects and a selection of other works that arose during the studies. I have to thank my peers for the professional organisation, especially Tim, and the perfect presentation of the works.

I am currently planning the next step, the outdoor/indoor exhibition at the former military area. I will keep you informed…

Addendum:

The photographers who exhibited at »Four Corners« are:

  • Clare Wilson
  • De Ferrier
  • Isabelle Boutriau
  • Lauren Norris
  • Mark Crean
  • Matt Durant
  • Michael Padilla
  • Paul Moran
  • Phil Hill
  • Ross Trevail
  • Tim Jones
  • Tim Stubbs Hughes
  • Victoria Smith

and myself.

For more, see https://www.thelongexposure.co.uk/realities-constructed.

List of Figures:

Figures 1 – 5: Marcel RAUSCHKOLB. 2021. Exhibition views of »Souvenir of Germany« at Wagenhalle Griesheim.

Figure 6: Tim STUBBS HUGHES. 2021. Exhibition view of »Souvenir of Germany« at Four Corners Gallery, London.

Figure 7: Mark CREAN. 2021. Exhibition view of »Souvenir of Germany« at Four Corners Gallery, London.

Figure 8: Tim STUBBS HUGHES. 2021. Exhibition view of »Souvenir of Germany« at Four Corners Gallery, London.

Figures 9: Mark CREAN. 2021. Exhibition view of »Souvenir of Germany« at Four Corners Gallery, London.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more