Potentially the characteristics of learners interested in spatially infused forms of inquiry run the gamut. Instructional Design, Universal design practices may optimize learning experiences in humanities, natural sciences, social sciences coursework. Learners possess deep knowledge from their disciplines, and beginning with that as a pedagogical framework is useful to create a dynamic, care-based learning environment.

Consider my tweet thread from August 15:

as well as this tweet thread

In both threads I am thinking through challenges and opportunity with teaching technical skills to learners from a variety of disciplines.

Everything I do as an instructor is based on a feminist pedagogical framework, however.

In the spirit of sharing, I will provide a link to some #GIS courses I created for North Carolina A&T State University where I am currently an adjunct this semester. The school is thinking about developing a GIS certificate program and I was asked to contribute.

Be forewarned that there is a lot of N.C. A&T specific boilerplate language on the documents that I had to use, but feel free to remix them.

I plan to remix them when I begin my role as an Assistant Professor of Human Geography at Mississippi State University Department of Geosciences in fall. So excited! My first semester I will not be teaching GIS courses, but I may teach them in the future.

link to syllabi

**featured image is a map I created in ArcPro for a study on potential community burdens for a proposed compressor station. It was provided to the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality.

Further reading: