This is not a love story. This is IMPOSSIBLE.

'Sometimes love doesn't come in the form you think it will.'

Nick: Failed writer. Failed husband. Dog owner.

Bee: Serial dater. Dress maker. Pringles enthusiast.

When fate brings them together over a misdirected email, the connection is instant. They feel like they've known each other all their lives . . .

It should have been the perfect love story.
Instead it was IMPOSSIBLE.


Title : Impossible
Author : Sarah Lotz
Format : Physical
Page Count : 448
Genre : Contemporary Fiction
Publisher : Harper Fiction
Release Date : March 30, 2022

Reviewer : Micky
Rating : ★ ★ ★ ★


Micky's 4 star review

Headlines:
Stay for that early, important twist
Odd coupling that works
Fresh feels

Impossible had me really wondering at it's direction for the inital section but it wowed me as we turned an early twist corner. This is one of the most unconvential romance stories I think I've read and yet I do some parallels with other films/stories I won't mention so as to keep that twist spoiler-free.

Bee was an endearing character, I liked her vibe, her job and her willingness to go with the curve balls the universe sent her way. Nick was more of a slow grower and I imagine many will feel this way. They weren't a couple you would conventionally put together in a romantic sense but the writing and how the story evolves does make it work and get the reader on board. There were some pretty big roadblocks in the way that I was grateful were resolved early on. One roadblock however, stayed.

There was an alternative pov format to this story alongside an email epistolary approach and I lived for the email sections, that's where the connections happened.

This story kept you on edge right to the end. There was a building tension and so many what ifs and what the... A clever read for sure.

Thank you to Harper Fiction for the early review copy.

3.75 stars rounded up.