I realized yesterday when I was writing up my 2021 year in review that I hadn't done a December wrap-up. I probably should have published this before the year in review but, oh well! December was a busy month for me, workwise. I felt like I worked a lot of hours, especially in the days leading up to the holidays. I wanted to make sure I had finished everything before I left to go out of town. And then the last week of December has been sort of a bust. I was lucky that I was able to fly back into Seattle on the 27th and that my flight didn't get delayed too much. Still, I made it home a good 5 hours later than planned. Then the temperature has been below freezing for the past week, which makes me not excited to go outside and do things. Hopefully, the coming weather will be better! Here is my monthly wrap-up of some of the things I've watched, eaten or drank, or just loved for the month of December.

What I'm watching:
In addition to all the Hallmark Channel movies I watched, I watched a couple movies on Netflix. I watched Don't Look Up and I may be in the minority here, but I thought it was....fine? Maybe I don't think too deeply about the movies I watch but I did not get that it was a metaphor for climate change and would never have guessed that if I didn't read it somewhere. I thought it was interesting but it's not a movie that I would likely watch again. One movie that I did like on Netflix was Single All The Way. I thought it was funny and cute and I could definitely see myself watching it next year during Christmas.

What I'm eating:
I know it's wintertime and it's cold outside but I have been obsessed with the Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Peanut Butter Half Baked. It's chocolate and peanut butter ice cream with pieces of peanut butter cookie dough and fudge brownies mixed in. I buy it just about every time I go to the grocery store. I try to make it last but let's be honest - I usually end up eating the whole pint in one sitting. I can't help myself! It has peanut butter and bits of brownie pieces, some of my favorite sweets.

What I'm loving:
It's the end of the year so everything restarts on Jan. 1. It's time for a fresh start and new planners and new journals. I love new beginnings and starting over in the new year. I have new goals and new plans for 2022 and I'm excited to put them into place.

See you next month!


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more