Welcome Back

Today's verse, inspired by the titles in the song; The Twelve Days of Christmas, taken litterally. I explore what happens, when a group of farmers have to change their plans, last minute. Happy New Year, may 2022 be as kind to us all as possible, stay safe.

Eight Maids a Milking

Eight maids a milking,

Yes all at once, on Zoom!

The Christmas party, cancelled!

And they felt, decending gloom.

*

So they put on, silly antlers,

A few in, onesies too,

And they had, their get together

With a slightly different view.

Eight Maids a Milking Twelve Days of Christmas
Here is my cartoon to go with my comedy poem I wrote, inspired by the Eight maids a milking in the song of the 12 Days of Christmas

If you missed earlier posts in the series please go to Day 1, (link coming soon, can't schedule them ahead, it doesn't work till this post is live, grr)

Where I have added links to them.

As ever, I like to share useful information here, so here is some historical reference to the 12 Days of Christmas song. This is from Good Housekeeping https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/christmas-ideas/a29212592/12-days-of-christmas-meaning-facts/

Please share my post, leave me a comment and I'll see you back here tomorrow for the next verse.

May the season be as kind to you as possible

Billie x

PS Soz asterix in there, I am struggling with the new editor feature on wordpress can't get it to show verse as I'd like to see it, had to put that in to keep the spacing of the different verses.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more