Hi guys! I totally forgot to do a wrap-up for October, so I'm making up for it this month 😬 November was a better month for reading than October, as I managed to read 5 books, including one in French, written by a colleague, which I won't add here. So 4 books to talk about here! I actually intended to read more but didn't manage to finish a huuuuuuuge book during the last week. It will be for December!
Here's what I read in November !

My Hero Academia, vol.3, Kohei Horikoshi, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I really love this manga. I don't really know what more to say besides that the action is evolving well, and the anime did it justice so far! If you're not too into mangas and have 10-11 year olds that want to start one, My Hero Academia is a good pick!

Servant Mage, Kate Elliott, ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I got quite surprised at how short it was, considering this is a fantasy book. I mean, it was refreshing, but you know, fantasy books tend to be over 400+ pages, when here, it's below 200. I enjoyed it, and I liked the magic concept in Servant Mage. However, I didn't rate it 5⭐ because of the length. Turns out you actually need fantasy books to be longer to place the action better, and give more insight to the fantasy world you want to describe. The action was good, steady throughout the whole book, but I could never really place the action, and envision the characters and their surroundings. Still a good entertaining book.

Lore, Alexandra Bracken, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I got the ebook on sale on Kindle recently, so I jumped on the opportunity to read one of this year's hyped books. I was NOT disappointed. I loved it so much, whether it is the modern world mixing with ancient mythology, the characters, especially the side characters, or the seemingly infinite plot twists we encounter through the pages. I had some issues with realism sometimes, and I had problems with bits of Lore's personnality, but it wasn't enough to distract me from the wild ride the whole story was.

One Eye Open, Alex Grecian, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This short book was an amazing discovery! One Eye Open is everything I love in such a book : atmospheric, eerie, creepy, and it makes you go "ooooooooh" as you read and start to understand the events slowly uncovering. It is only around 100 pages long, but the writing was really well done, so you still manage to fully be immersed in the little Danish town in which the action takes place, and feel engaged towards Laura and Juniper, the main characters. I'm a little frustrated by the fact I feel like there was more depth to the book than I truly understood, and I can't get what, but this is minor. It's a fantastic short novel!

Overall, this was a great reading month. I might not have read that much pages-wise, but the quality was definitely there! Did you also read cool books this month?

That's it for today!
Thanks for reading,
See you soon,
Love,
Jade ❤


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more