I can't believe it's already December. I am loving all the holiday decorations that seem to have appeared overnight. November brought a lot of change - for some reason, I found it especially difficult to get used to the time change and the sun setting before 5 pm. Maybe it's because I feel like it rained every single day of the month. Here is my monthly wrap-up of some of the things I've watched, eaten or drank, or just loved for the month of November.

What I'm watching:
I finished up the newest season of Great British Baking Show on Netflix, as well as The Expanse on Amazon Prime. I was scrolling through Netflix and landed on their new holiday movie, Love Hard, and I decided to give it a chance. It was fine. If you have nothing else to watch or are looking for something to put on in the background while you clean or do some chores, this movie could work. The movie is about a gal who meets a guy on a dating app and decides to fly to his town to surprise him for Christmas, only when she gets there she discovers she has been catfished. The guy in the photo from the dating app is not the guy she's been talking to but he convinces her to stay and pose as his girlfriend. Of course, shenanigans ensue. The movie is not horrible. But you are not missing out on anything if you decide to skip it.

What I'm eating:
Like I said in my Thanksgiving post, I made an apple pie. I was pretty proud of myself, if I may brag for a bit. I made the pie crust and filling, both from scratch. The pie crust was a bit of a challenge but that's okay. It turned out not bad and I really liked it. Maybe it tasted better because I knew that I had baked it and worked hard on it. I just need to perfect my recipe so I better start baking more!

What I'm loving:
The National Dog Show is my favorite part of Thanksgiving. I try to watch it every year. I love seeing the dogs running around the circle, looking all spiffy in their dog show hair cuts. Coincidentally, I just listened to a podcast episode of 99% Invisible called Cute Little Monstrosities of Nature. It starts off talking about the French bulldog and then goes into how they are bred specifically for a certain lifestyle. The show then talks about how dog breeds were formalized and what exactly a purebred dog is. There were a lot of things that I never knew and I found this episode really interesting.

See you next month!


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more