Dear Readers,

Kate Breslin won my reading loyalty as a reader, when I read her first book, For Such a Time. Since then, I have enjoyed each and every one of her books. As Dawn Breaks, is no different.

available at bakerbookhouse.com

One of the reasons I love Breslin's books is the different perspective on history she gives us. Whether she is writing about WWI or II, she presents stories that might not be on the normal beaten path. Ones that shed light on the very human stories that happened in the corners of the war.

Rosalind Graham lives under the guardianship of a ruthless uncle. He has arranged a marriage with an abusive man. She is wishing for an escape when the factory she works at explodes, killing hundreds. She finds out is she is counted among the dead.

RAF Captain Alex Baird is still mourning the loss of his brother Alex; he blames himself for Alex's death. When he is sent to protect the factory in Gretna, Scotland, he is ready to find out who is behind all the sabotage.

Lives lived on even when there was a world war happening. Like I said earlier, Breslin is very good at reminding us of that throughout her books. Reminding us that sometimes what is happening in the world is not the most important thing in people's lives.

I find myself looking up and reading about the stories that Breslin mentions in her books. It is wonderful to see the research that authors do to make a good story. This is why I recommend Breslin's books; you know she has done the research and will have shaped a wonderful story around it. Alongside that gentle story is a reminder of how important our lives are, even in small ways.  

Read on my Friends, read on,


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more