Welcome Back

Here we go for the next instalment of my silly verse poetry, inspired by the titles in the song; The Twelve Days of Christmas, taken litterally. Today, we explore the back story to one of the Three French hens, Belle.

Three French Hens and Charlie the rooster

I heard, french hens were laying,

I'm gonna be a Dad!

I'm not sure, if I'm ready,

but Im really, really glad!

*

I hear French hens were laying,

Is one of them my Belle?

I hope I haven't missed it,

Or she's gonna, give me hell.

Three French Hens The Twelve days of Christmas song.
Three French Hens and Charlie the Rooster this goes with my comedy poem inspired by The Twelve days of Christmas song.

Missed the start? Want to find quick links to the others. I'll link them all on Day 1 of these which you can find here; 12-days-of-christmas-silly-verse-rewrite-day-1

Bear with me as the links will only go live after the future posts are published.

As ever, I like to share useful information here, so here is some historical reference to the 12 Days of Christmas song. This is from Good Housekeeping https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/christmas-ideas/a29212592/12-days-of-christmas-meaning-facts/

Please share my post, leave me a comment and I'll see you back here tomorrow for the next verse.

May the season be as kind to you as possible

Billie x


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more