2021_LeeAnn_Nov_IG

By LeeAnn McKinney –

Hi there friends and fellow crafters, LeeAnn here with a fun Thanks card, using products you might not think about when not using them in the means intended.

I purchased a few (4) Hot Foil Dies a couple months ago, and didn't have the machine needed to play with them. So I've been thinking, and decided to use them like a letter press. I inked up the Fall Leaves with VersaFine Clair Pigment Ink in Tulip Red, Summertime Cheerful, Verdant and Pinecone, taped it to a panel of Mixed Media Cardstock and then did the same with the word "Thanks", using Delicata Golden Glitz. I used a piece of heavyweight cardstock and rubber embossing pad, on my big shot platform, then added my panel with the foil plates adhered to it and then the regular top plate, ran it through my big shot twice (forward then back) and wow, other than a little over-inking where I tried to cover up with some sequins they turned out amazing. I used On Point Glue to adhere the sequins and Tear It! Tape to adhere the panel to my cardbase. I also heat embossed the secondary part of the sentiment using Mboss Gold Embossing Powder.

Hope you enjoy. Watch until the end and let me know which card you prefer, the card on the left without the sequins or the card on the right with the sequins. Oh, forgot that I used Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz on my panel as well.

Thanks for watching, have a great day.

 

Art Supplies

Imagine:

 

• VersaFine Clair

• VersaMark Watermark Ink

• Paper Delicata

• Mboss

• Craft Mat

• On Point Glue

• Tear It! Tape

• Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz

 

Other Products:

• Kraft Cardstock (heat embossed strip)
• Heavyweight Letter Press Cardstock
• Aww-Tumn Embellishment Sequin Mix