We just had Halloween about 10 days ago. It is no mystery that it is my favorite holiday. And if you read my blog you know that I cut a lot of Jack o' Lanterns and line them up on my rural road and just enjoy watching them slowly do their disappearing act. This year it has been unseasonably warm all month, so it was interesting to observe the carved punks. In the following series of pictures on the left is what they looked like on October 31st, then only 4 days later on November 4th.

All his teeth disappeared!
Not too different
Just a bit pinched, white pumpkins have more stamina
That bright sun just shriveled his teeth right up!
This one just got scarier.

I think the transformation has been the quickest in my memory. And in this unscientific experiment the white pumpkin has proved to be the most resilient to climate change.taLast weekend they all moved across the road to stare back at us while sitting in their neat little line. I've had to straighten them twice. I think nighttime animals or probably deer nudge them. I'm surprised no one has taken a bite out of them yet. Well, until next year, Happy Halloween.

Across the road.
Ready for their close-up


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more